Baylor College of Medicine
Year of Graduation from Medical School
Baylor College of Medicine
Medical Conditions Treated
- Breast Pathology
- General Surgery
American Board of Surgery
- Memorial Hermann Katy
- Memorial Hermann Memorial City
- West Methodist
Awards & Achivements
- 2004 Best oral poster presentation "Use of a Predictive Equation for Diagnosis of Acute Gangrenous Cholecystitis"
- Association of VA Surgeons, Richmond, VA April 2004
- 2003 Elvin L Shelton Award for Surgical Excellence
- 2003 Medical Student Teaching Excellence Award for Baylor College of Medicine
- 2001 Association of Academic Surgery Student Research Award
- 2001 Department of Surgery Best Surgical Student Award, Baylor College of Medicine
- 1996 Texas A&M University Summa Cum Laude
- 1995-1996 Golden Key Honor Society
- 1993-1996 Texas A&M University Dean's List
- 1994-1996 Founder, Vice President of Rho Delta Chi Sorority 2013 Voted as one of Houston's Best Doctor's by peer review 2014 Voted as one of Houston's Best Doctor's by peer review
- Brunicardi FC, Kleinman R, Moldovan S, Nguyen TH, Watt PC, Walsh J, Gingerich R. Immunoneutralization of somatostatin, insulin, and glucagon causes alterations in islet cell secretion in the isolated perfused human pancreas. Pancreas. 2001 Oct;23(3):302-8.
- Lee TC, Barshes NR, Brunicardi FC, Alejandro R, Ricordi C, Nguyen L, Goss JA. Procurement of the human pancreas for pancreatic islet transplantation. Transplantation. 2004 Aug 15;78(3):481-3.
- Zhou W, Lin PH, Bush RL, Nguyen L, Lumsden AB. Acute arterial thrombosis associated with cocaine abuse. J Vasc Surg. 2004 Aug;40(2):291-5.
- Tirone TA, Wang XP, Templeton NS, Lee T, Nguyen L, Fisher W, Brunicardi FC. Cell-specific cytotoxicity of human pancreatic adenocarcinoma cells using rat insulin promoter thymidine kinase-directed gene therapy. World J Surg. 2004 Aug;28(8):826-33.
- Nguyen L, Fagan SP, Lee TC, Aoki N, Itani KMF, Berger DH, Awad SS. Use of a Predictive Equation for Diagnosis of Acute Gangrenous Cholecystitis. Am J Surg. 2004 Nov;188(5):463-6.
- Nguyen L, Liles DR, Lin PH, Bush RL. Hormone replacement therapy and peripheral vascular disease in women. Vasc Endovascular Surg. 2004 Nov-Dec;38(6):547-56.
- Watts K, Lin PH, Bush RL, Awad S, McCoy SA, Felkai D, Zhou W, Nguyen L, Guerrero MA, Shenaq SA, Lumsden AB. The impact of anesthetic modality on the outcome of carotid endarterectomy. Am J Surg. 2004 Dec;188(6):741-7.
- Lin PH, Bush RL, Nguyen L, Guerrero MA, Chen C, Lumsden AB. Anastomotic strategies to improve hemodialysis access patency--a review. Vasc Endovascular Surg. 2005 Mar-Apr;39(2):135-42.
- Lee TC, Barshes NR, Nguyen L, Karpen SJ, Quiros-Tejeira RE, Carter BA, Goss JA. Gastroschisis and biliary atresia in a neonate: uncommon presentation or common precipitant. Eur J Pediatr Surg, 2005 Dec;15(6):434-6
- Zhou W, Lin PH, Bush RL, Peden E, Guerrero MA, Terramani T, Lubbe DF, Nguyen L, Lumsden AB. Carotid artery aneurysm: evolution of management over two decades. J of Vasc Surg, 2006 Mar:43 (3) 493-6.
- Nguyen L, Brunicardi FC, Dibardino DJ, Scott BG, Awad SS, Bush RL, Brandt ML. Education of the Modern Surgical Resident: Novel Approaches to Learning in the Era of the 80-Hour work week. World Journal of Surgery. 2006 June;30(6):1120-7.
- Lee L , Jannapureddy M, Albo D, Farrow B, Awad S, Bellows C, Berger D. Outcomes of VA patients greater than 80 years old after surgical procedures for colon malignancies. Am J Surg. 2007 Nov;194(5):646-51.
- Awad S, Elhabash S, Lee L, Farrow B, Berger D. Increasing incidence of methicillin resistant staphylococcus aureus (MRSA) skin and soft tissue infections (SSTI) ? Reconsideration of empiric antibiomicrobial therapy. Am J Surg. 2007 Nov;194(5):606-10.
- Lee L, Brunicardi C, Berger D, Scott B, Bush R, Awad S, Brandt M, Impact of a Novel Education Curriculum on Surgical Training. J Surg Res. 2008 Apr;145(2):308-12. Epub 2008 Feb 11
- Lee L, Berger D, Awad S, Brandt M, Brunicardi C. Conflict resolution: practical principles for surgeons. World J Surg. 2008 Nov;32(11):2331-5.
- Farrow B, Awad S, Berger D, Albo D, Lee L, , Subramanian A, Bellows C. More than 150 consecutive open umbilical hernia repairs in a major VA medical center. Am J Surg. 2008 Nov;196(5):647-51
- Lee L, Berger D. Invited Critique: Influence of overweight on gastric cancer patients after curative gastrectomy: an analysis of 689 consecutive cases managed by a single center. Accepted Archives of Surgery
- Wilks J, Liebig C, Tasleem S, Haderxjanaj T, Berger D, Lee L, Buckminster F, Awad S, Albo D. Rectal cancer patients benefit with the implementation of a dedicated colorectal cancer center in a Veterans Affairs Health Care System. Am J Surg. 2009 Jul;198(1):100-4. Epub 2009 Mar 6.